Thursday, September 25, 2014

but but we are all already Christians???

(because every post needs a picture.. duh.)

So, every year there is this thing called "see you at the pole" and it's an event where students at any school meet at their flag pole the morning before a typical school day and pray over their school, for each other, worship, etc. Yesterday was the see you at the pole day, and last night, there was a rally where a bunch of youth came together with their schools and had a huge night of worship, games, and reflecting on the event. I am obviously homeschooled/in college, but I wanted to go anyway. 

A majority of the night was going into your groups categorized by which school you went to in which case I went with the Christian school here in Duluth whose basketball team I manage. Our small group time was literally the story of my life. Anytime a bunch of homeschoolers or Christian schoolers get together, we are like deer in the headlights when it comes to asking about how you can share the gospel within your school. People think this is some kind of joke, like "what are you talking about? I go to a Christian school." THIS IS NOT THE CASE PEOPLE. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I have ANYTHING against going to a Christian school, in fact I just applied to a Christian college, like I'm all for it, but what people don't understand in these situations is this is not an opportunity to jump into the Christian atmosphere where rainbows surround you and your friends everyday because you all have a general agreence of "being Christians" I'm sorry, but that to me is like going into your church and just agreeing that you can all go home because you're already Christians and everything is going fine and dandy. You're not off the hook here!

Teenagers, kids of the world, whoever you are: you can witness to people ANYWHERE YOU GO. One of the things we were encouraged to do is pray for our schools before we walk into them, and the next thing was to walk up to someone and ask "how can I pray for you?" It seems crazy, I know, but not as crazy after you went through some of the worst parts in St. Paul and did the same thing (maybe I should be writing about that... the coolest experience.)

The moral of the story is there is always someone struggling. My friends and I ask each other how we can pray for each other even though we all know we have a relationship with Christ. That doesn't make us any greater of people! We are still struggling with real life situations, we still need guidance, love, help, all of that. So next time you think you are off the hook for being a witness, find a different way to show them Christ. They may know Him, but they may not actually have a relationship with Him.

Party on people, Jesus needs you're light.

No comments:

Post a Comment