Friday, August 22, 2014

why I'm NOT doing the ALS challenge


Okay so I was going to start off with a little explanation of what I'm taking about but feel free to just log onto your Facebook or instagram account instead. ;)

I knew the second I started seeing these videos that I was already done with them. The cold water challenge happened like what... 4-6ish months ago? I was 100% done with that a day after it started as well. I know, I know, the ALS challenge has an actual meaning, and a good one at that. The problem isn't the annoyance of people posting videos every 2 minutes, the problem is the people doing this! No one knows what they're actually doing. The point of this challenge is to donate money to the ALS foundation for a cure. Over half the videos I've seen has been from teenagers, saying "if you don't do the challenge in the next 24 hours, you have to donate." Okay, I'm sorry, if I'm not donating what's the point of doing the challenge? There isn't one... That's the problem.

So with that, I've been nominated, and quite honestly, I probably won't dump the water over my head because I have no interest in feeling the pain that someone with ALS feels everyday. I watched a video about ALS and was overwhelmed with the reality of how sad this is, that was enough for me. 

Instead, I'm donating $25 dollars to the ALS foundation. They've raised over 53.5 MILLION dollars so far, which proves that people actually have donated, which makes me so very happy. This is definitely a disease and lifestyle that needs more recognition and money to search for a cure.

Also, next time you're nominated for something make sure you do it right. 

Peace out fans. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I agree. when you use the challenge to avoid helping someone who hurts everyday single day in deep pain is when I do dislike the whole idea. I did the challenge and donated. that brings a whole different aspect to the challenge.

    ReplyDelete