Monday, July 18, 2016

I will not dehumanize you



"I will not dehumanize humans" has been running through my head constantly, it literally doesn't stop. I will not dehumanize, I will dehumanize. I promise I will not dehumanize you.

I have been learning so many things about myself lately. One of them is that I am extremely big hearted towards the world. I never really new it until recently. All these terrible world events are literally breaking my heart. Then, I realized, I asked for this. I asked God "please break my heart for what breaks yours." 

I think we live in an extremely hard hearted world, and I continually pray over and over again that my heart would not harden. I never ever want to be un-emphatic to what is going on. We live on an earth where every single breathing person is a sinner. I think we tend to forget this when attacks, shootings, kidnappings, abuse, SIN happens. We forget, we are just as sinful as them. We are quick to judge and stereotype and whatever else. I am putting my foot down. I will not dehumanize anybody for what they've done or who they are. I will not dehumanize you because you're gay, because you're sinning, because you're hating, because you're an addict. I will not.

There isn't a day that goes by where I feel hate towards everything going on. I feel it too. I feel the anger of wanting justice, wanting peace, whatever it is. Without trying to sound like a complete hippy saying love makes the world go around -- that's what we need. We need more love, more empathy, and most of all, to remember that we are all sinners. 


There is no saying that anything going on is okay, it isn't okay, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying, even in times of absolute chaos, hurting, and disaster, remember LOVE and remember that humans are humans. An entire race doesn't deserve to be hated, an entire sexual orientation, an entire city. We literally are cursed to being sinners - we can't change that. 

Don't dehumanize.

PS / I wrote this a few days ago, and tonight I was flipping through my Bible when I stopped at 
2 Timothy 3....  "But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people."

So, I guess all I have to add to this, is remember that we live in a sinful world. As Christians, don't be surprised at tragedy, hate, and just plain sin. Just choose love & seek Jesus more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment